The Ganymede Takeover is a forgettable collaboration Dick wrote with Ray Nelson in the mid-60s.
Worm-like, telepathic Ganymedeans have invaded Earth, and one of the few groups of humans still putting up a fight are the stupidly-named Neeg-parts, led by Percy X, in the hills of Tennessee. These Neeg-parts get ahold of some mind-warping technology designed for the U.N. and they finally fight off the Ganymedeans in the end.
Cast of characters
- Mekkis – a Ganymedean civilian administrator who takes control of the bale of Tennessee
- Koli – Military Administrator for the Ganymedeans. In control of the bale of Tennessee until Mekkis takes over
- The Oracle – a precog Ganymedean creech
- Percy X – leader of the Neeg-parts on Earth. A telepath
- Lincoln Shaw – Percy X’s second-in-command
- Joan Hiashi – intends to infiltrate the Neeg-parts on behalf of the Ganymedeans
- Paul Rivers – a psychiatrist with the World Psychiatric Association
- Gus Swenesgard – feudal baron of a plantation area in Tennessee
- Rudolph Balkani – Chief of the Bureau of Psychedelic Research