George Munster fought for Earth during its war with the amoeba-like Blobels from Proxima. As a Blobel spy he assumed the form of the Blobels, and after the war’s end he still reverts to Blobel form half of every day making dating and socializing almost impossible.
His psychoanalyst connects him with Vivian Arrasmith, a female Blobel and former Terran spy who reverts to human form six hours of every day. They marry, but years later when they have difficulty in their relationship Vivian stabilizes as a human full time in order to save her marriage not knowing that Munster has stabilized full time as a Blobel in order to operate a business on Titan.
Cast of characters
- George Munster – a human who turns into a Blobel
- Dr. Jones – Munster’s robot psychoanalyst
- Vivian Arrasmith – Munster’s wife. A Blobel who turns into a human
- Pete Ruggles, Sherman Downs, Reinholt Glaubman – Munster’s fellow vets
- Nina Glaubman – Munster’s mistress
- Henry Ramarau – Munster’s attorney